Wednesday, August 13, 2008

This is Going to be Quick

This is going to be quick...I've got Olympics to be watching, kids to be bathing, books to be reading, and cookies to be eating (ok, not really, I think I finished them off yesterday). But my friend hinted the other day that I needed to update my blog. So here's a quickie...and a mid-week "Week in Review."

You know, I think I'm a good person, but sometimes karma comes back to bite you in the rear (ok, I don't really believe in "karma" so to speak--mostly I think it's God keeping us in check), but anyway, after my blog about how I love the Olympics and was planning on spending 2 weeks in front of the TV, guess what happened--yep--we lost our satellite signal early Saturday morning. We FINALLY got our new roof and the roofers had to take the satellite dish down and of course the next available tech to come out wasn't available until March 25, 2017. So I told Weather Man, "you're just going to have to figure this out and get the TV working!!! The Olympics are on!!!!" He got on the roof and fiddled with the satellite, but to no avail. So I had to spend the first weekend of the Olympics 5" from my rigged up, bunny-eared TV. It stunk--but at least I didn't miss a moment of the action (well, I did--but not a moment of the network broadcasts). The satellite guy did show up first thing Monday morning. I think Weather Man told them they had to get out here fast before his wife's head explodes.

As for the rest of the week...Monday--Katie and I went to a Back to School swim party to meet the kids who will be in her Kindergarten class. I have pics but haven't downloaded them...I will and post them. But she did pretty good. Was shy at first but ended up making friends with two little girls who I thought were sweet and had nice moms. Also on Monday...Patrick got a tummy bug and threw up all over the dinner table--uck--sorry, again, too much information.

Tuesday--at home with a recovering sick boy.

Today--went to meet the teacher at Katie's school, choked back tears the whole time, but inside was comforted by the surroundings and all the people I met. Plus, I helped the teacher do some stuff to get the class ready. My little job was punching out crosses and little pictures of Jesus and the class prayer. I thought that was a good sign--again, one of those God whispers. I think He was saying, "I'll be near Katie, she'll be safe and happy, I will watch over her. And calm your fears." As we all know, God works in mysterious ways.

I'm not working this week, I'm just spending the week with my Katie before she goes to school on Monday. It's good to have quality one-on-one time with my big girl. Around our house it's hard to get one-on-one time with anyone. So it's been a good week.

I did go see my homies at the office though. I love those girls! (and Brad & Joey). I'm planning on doing a blog on my work soon. It's really a unique place!

Ok--I gotta go...Olympics, man, Olympics.

Oh--also, Sally the Wonder Dog brought home a new friend when she and WM went for a walk this evening. A pug. No, we are NOT taking this dog in...he found is way back home. Sally must be a hottie in the doggie world! :)

No comments: