Wow and I'm so sorry. It's been a week since I've posted. Eeesh. But I've had my reasons, I'll talk about them tomorrow or later this week. Because today is kind of a crazy day and the kids are out of school (so chaos is ensuing) I'm going to McLink it up with the gals at the RHOK. It's easy to do because they basically tell me what to blog about, I just do it.
Today they are wanting to know Five Things I Can't Do Anymore. So here they are. Go visit them to see more.
Five Things I Can't Do Anymore:
Since I turned 40 last year there are quite a few things I can't do, but I narrowed down to five...
1. Wear a bikini. I've been wearing a bikini for several years, but I think this is the year of the end of the bikini. I'll admit that the lower half of my body can pull off a bikini, even my torso kind of can. It's the real estate up north that has brought my bikini wearing days to a screeching halt. I saw a photo of myself that was taken recently and I knew "the girls" had gotten droopy, but man-oh-man, I didn't realize it was THAT bad...maybe I was in denial. Doesn't matter, things need to be corrected, but I don't do doctors and mostly I don't do surgery unless required, so how am I possibly going to get this problem resolved? I don't know, maybe a visit to The Bust Stop or that other bra shop in town...what's it called...anyone know?
2. Get a full night's sleep. Between a certain 3 year old that find her way into our bed each night and the insomnia I've been dealing with, it's been a long while since I've had a good nights sleep. Now add these two furry punks (pictured above) who think our bed is their personal lounge and wrestling ring (at 3:00 a.m., thankyouverymuch) all hope is lost. I'm learning how to function. Kind of. Just don't ask me anything important. Like my name.
3. Drink alcohol. Okay, technically I can drink alcohol, but since I've "aged" I can only handle about 1 glass of wine. It's dumb but it's true. It wasn't this way in college and post-college. WM wishes it were still that way. I don't know if it's truly a physical thing (which I think it is) or if it's mental and I feel like I need to be able to function and make decision in case something comes up with the kiddos. Maybe it's a combination of the two. Either way, I'm a lightweight now...love me or leave me.
4. Wear glittery eye shadow. Ladies, if you're over 40 (really even past about 37ish) glittery eye shadow probably isn't the best look for you. Maybe I should reword it to say...if you have any wrinkles or your eye area looks "crepe-y" this isn't the look for you. Shimmer shadow is okay, matte is okay...just not glitter. It really accentuates any wrinkles and flaws you have around your eye area.
5. Wear stiletto heels. This one is so sad. I used to wear these kind of shoes nearly everyday, especially when I was working. And dang, do they make your legs look good (on a side note...every lady should have a pair of nude/beige high heels. They elongate and slim your legs and make you look fabulous. Trust me on this one...just go buy some like the above. No, they don't have to be Jimmy Choo's, just somewhat like those pictured above). Anyway...since I quit working to stay home and wear my running shoes most days when I slip on my heels for a special occasion, yowzaa! Ouch! Plus they give me cramps in my feet all night long after I've worn them. I do love, love, love me some high heels (because my 5'10" self needs to be taller). Luckily for some reason wedge heels don't bother me. I don't know why. Either way...I love you stilettos, will you still be my friend?
There it is...my five "I Can'ts". What are some of yours? Go to the RHOK and link up!
Name That Tune!
No one got the the song from last Monday, but Korinne had the right idea. It is the hymn "How Great Thou Art." So here's the score:
Here's today's lyric:
"My hands are shaky and my knees are weak, I can't seem to stand on my own two feet."