Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Today is my baby's 1st birthday! I'm sitting here right now coming off my birthday party/cake sugar high and starting to soak in the activities of the day. Actually we kept it fairly low key, just an afternoon party with grandma and Aunt "Mamie" (Amy) and our cousins Caitlin and Will. It was great and Baby Lam had a wonderful day full of giggles!

But mostly I can't believe it's been a year. I can't believe 1 year ago I was looking into her icy blue eyes for the first time...whispering "I love you" and hearing her precious voice for the very first time. All this seems like it was just yesterday, yet here we are a year later. I remember thinking "just get through this first year and things will get easier", but now I'm begging for time to slow down. So I could get all teary eyed (again, for the umpteenth time this week) and talk about how I don't want my baby to grow up. But today is a celebration for my 1 year old!

Yay! I love presents--I got lots of great toys and really cute outfits!



Mmmmm...look at that cake my mommy made for me! It looks like a flower!

Yuuuuuummmmmmy! It's delicious, too! May I have some more, please?


I love you, my sweet Baby Girl!!! HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!!!!

No comments: