I'm all about linking up with others this week, and today is no different. I'm linking up with Impulsive Addict, Mamarazzi, Seriously Shawn and Janette to do another installment of We Want to Know Wednesday. They don't have a theme this week, they just want to know a little about random things in our lives. So link up with those gals and check out what other people and thinkin'.
1. What is the first thing you notice about he opposite sex. Are you an eyes or a smile person? Another body part? Two things...hair and smell. I know that's weird. But if a dude has nasty hair...yuck OR if his hair is full of product and perfectly styled...double yuck. I don't want a dude who spends more time on his hair/appearance than I do. Puh-leeze! And of course, the smell thing. I am super sensitive to smells (it was dreadful during my pregnancies), so if a guy smells yucky...bleck! Or worse, if he's drowned in colonge...gag me more!
2. If a movie was being made about you who would you like to see cast as you? And would your movie be a comedy, drama, romantic-comedy, action film or horror movie? Well, it would probably be a comedy and I'd think Gwenyth Paltrow or Charlize Theron or Uma Thurman might be cast as me, but just because of the height and hair color thing. OH--no, Lisa Kudrow...she's probably who should play me (when Friends was the popular TV show, everyone said that I was a lot like Phoebe. Not sure if that's a compliment or not...but I like Phoebe).
3. Does your high school yearbook include a senior comment section? If so, share what you shared about your future goals. Have you met those goals? If you do not have a senior comments section, share what your goals were when you were 18 years old and if you're brave enough share your senior picture. We didn't have a senior comments section in our yearbook, but our local paper ran the Senior Class section the week before graduation where our senior pic and our future plans were listed. I said that I was going to attend University of Oklahoma and major in Business Administration. Well, instead I graduated from Kansas State University with a degree in Broadcast Journalist and public relations. So I didn't exactly fulfill my 18 year old goals...but really, what do you know when you're 18? Regardless, I had a successful career and now am doing exactly what I want as a stay at home mom.
And here's my rockin' 1988 senior portrait. You're jealous.
4. What latest trend simply baffles you? Ok...this one really got me going and there simply isn't enough room for me to do all my "what the heck?" thoughts. Boy did you gals open a can of worms with this. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fashion and love to put outfits together and give advice. Here are just a few thoughts:
Jeggings: these thankfully are going out of style. Who the heck ever thought that spandex made to look like jeans was a good idea? Stupidest look I've ever seen! Even if wore with a tunic or long top/coat/sweater...looks silly. Jeggings=2 thumbs down.Maxi dresses: I know I'm going to get some serious grief over this one. But I have seen some super duper fit and skinny women wear these dresses and it makes them look hippy and big. Seriously, ladies, if you've got curves, quit trying to hide them under drapy, flowy fabric that is somewhat clingy at the same time. It just makes you look bigger. These dresses always look weird around the feet. Sorry if you love your maxi...I don't.
Gladiator shoes: Again, I know I'm going to hear it about this one, but these shoes always seem to make women's feet look enormous! I love me some Kelly Ripa, but she had some of these on the other day and her feet looked huge (and she has itty bitty feet). So, if you want everyone to look at your big ol feet, even if you wear a size 5, go ahead and wear these. They're distracting.
And meat dresses. They seem inappropriate for all occasions. Even the VMAs.
5. When you walk into a room how do you present yourself? Do you walk in with confidence and command attention or do you slink in and do your best to go unnoticed? I walk in with confidence but not in an attention getting way. I don't like to be the center of attention and have everyone look at me. But I present myself in a confident, inviting manner. Hopefully people will talk to me. Ha!
Go visit the gals and link up today!