Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Your Neck of the Woods--St. Mary

It's Tuesday, you know what that means--it's Your Neck of the Woods day! Head over to the RHOK and check out what's going on in other's neck of the woods.

The RHOK

Today I'm sharing this photo (sorry the quality of the photo isn't very good). This is a statue of Mary that is outside of my kids' school and our church.

We pass by this statue everyday as we pull into school, it's a very peaceful and calming way to start our day. Lately in my neck the woods we've been spending even more time at school and church than normal. You know how the end of the school year is...special parent's days, ceremonies, end-of-the-year concerts and performances. It's a busy, busy time of year. So we're seeing the Mary statue more than usual this past week (and next week). But I don't mind, I need the daily reminder that God is in control of my life...not me. I'm very glad that His presence is in My Neck of the Woods.

Have a blessed day!!

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Loved this post. And, it was a great reminder for me right now as well. "His presence is in my neck of the woods." No truer words have been spoken.

Robin said...

In times like this with all the crazy in the world, it's good to have a calming presence.

ThatsBaloney said...

It's nice to have a reminder to center your life.

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Beatiful! Love the glow it has -it is a nice reminder and good to have that presence :)

Real Housewives of Oklahoma said...

Love those daily reminders! I find those very encouraging :)
Thanks for linking up today & giving blessing us - Mrs. M

The 4-Crows Blog said...

I needed that! Thank you! Mrs. H

momof3girls said...

I love visual reminders of such wonderful truths!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

How wonderful to see that statue everyday, especially this month. We all need to slow down and say a little prayer, every once in a while.