Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Me & Yoga

As you saw one of my New Years resolutions is to workout more (5 days a week--we'll see how THAT goes). One of the things I've been doing lately is yoga. I do it because I can do it in my living room where no one can see me. And it makes me sweat. And sometimes I get a little extra workout when Josie (who is 2 and weight 35 pounds) decides to hang on my leg when it's sticking up in the air.

But let me say that yoga kind of just plain cracks me up. The words they use are silly.
Cat/cow to me=get on your hands and knees and bend your back.
Child's pose=lay down and take a nap
Chaturanga=Chimichanga-LET'S EAT!

Let's just say I won't be going to a yoga class in public anytime soon. Sometime I'll tell you about my first experience with yoga and how the instructor encouraged my friend who had invited me to come to the class to find "another exercise activity for your friend." "HEY DUDE-I could hear you, take off your capri pants wearing self over here and tell me yourself." I think he was scared of me. (Oh-it was because I was laughing during the class--it was a class full of hard core yogites, I know they're called 'yogis' but that's one of silly words, too).

BUT, all that being said, I will say that I like yoga because it helps with my flexibility and makes me all bendy.

This is my goal...to get into this pose someday.
Then my next goal will to be to get out of it--without hurting myself.

1 comment:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I really do need yoga, I could use lots more flexibility.

I've gotten a few emails from folks who accuse me of not being a real yogi. What do they know.

I'd love to take a beginner class one day.