Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions...Schmesolutions

I've debated and debated whether or not to do a post on New Years resolutions. At first I thought "nah, no one cares about what my resolutions are" and then I thought "if I don't post about it, no one will know if I don't follow through" which then made me decide "I need to be held accountable, so I better spill the beans" but that just made me say "someone is going to call me out in mid-June about my epic failure on my lack of follow through on my resolutions."

But then, I looked at the forecast, and then our furnace quit. And that has nothing to do with my post on resolutions. I'm just looking for someone to feel sorry for me.

So...the resolution(s)? Here they is:
1. Eat chicken once a week
2. Do laundry each day

I really think these are attainable. Don't you? I'm just trying to keep it real.

Ha ha ha ho ho ho huh huh huh--I'm so stinkin' funny!!!

No?

Okay--here's the real ones: (deep breath, I can't believe I'm putting this out to the public):
1. Work out 5 days a week.
2. Recycle more of our household items.
3. Only 1 Starbucks a day (yes, you read that right and yes, there are many days when I have more than one and yes, this is going to probably be my most difficult).
4. Do 20 posts per month on the ol blog.
5. Read 1 book per month (I know that sounds totally dumb that I can't do that, but I'm terrible about starting a book and then just getting busy and not finishing it).

So, seriously, do you think these are doable?

AND, I'm just putting this out there--these are resolutions...not GOALS. That just bugs me. But it's just me. If making "goals" makes you a better person, then I want you to have "goals." But to me, it just reminds me too much of my days when we had to make yearly goals that were SMART. So it's all about resolutions at my house.

If you feel so inclined...please share some of yours in the comments. I promise I will be encouraging and not post a comment in mid-summer saying "so, are you still eating healthy? It's been 6 months."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh resolutions. Thing is, no one will judge your failure because we will be wallowing in our own self pity of our failed resolutions.

So here goes:
Lose 15 pounds (baby weight folks)
Stop letting B play so many video games
Spend $200 less per month on groceries by doing the leg work of finding sales and cheaper per serving meals.

ThatsBaloney said...

I didn't make any resolutions this year but am going to continue with my current GOALS - yes goals. :)
I want to get my bible study homework done in a more timely manner.
I will eat more healthy stuff.
I will try to get to the gym TWICE a week (it's the best I can do).
I will talk the Doc into buying me the pilates reformer machine for home.
I will work with Jacob towards reading and writing.
I will get Michael interested in reading books that do not have pictures.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I don't do resolutions, but I wish you well on yours.