Monday, January 18, 2010

Try it, You'll Like It

I don't plan on ever making my blog something remotely close to a place to go for recipes. I mean, I love to cook, and quite frankly I'm pretty darn good at it, I just don't want to feel responsible for people's nutritional well being. I can't take the pressure.

But I thought I'd share this super easy recipe I made up. It's not really a recipe, just a bunch of stuff thrown together that probably 99% of the kids out there will eat. You probably have everything you need to make this in your pantry. Like right now...it's probably in there.

Does your kid like Kraft Mac & Cheese? (Baloney, don't answer that!)
Does your kid like spaghetti?
Does your kid like cheese?

Well then, you're in luck!

Here's what you do...

Pre-heat your oven to 350.
Make a box of Kraft Mac 'n Cheese...just like it says on the box.
While making the mac 'n cheese, brown some ground beef, I season it a tad with garlic salt.
When it's brown, dump in about 3/4 of a jar of spaghetti sauce. Put in some Italian Seasoning...just shake the container about 8 times. So basically you've made meat sauce for spaghetti.

Then here's what you do...lightly grease and 8x8 pan. Dump in 1/2 the mac 'n cheese that you made (you know the cheese packet, 1/4 c. milk, 1/4 butter, stir it all u) and spread it evenly across the pan. Then dump in 1/2 the meat sauce on top of that and spread it evenly, then on top of that sprinkle about 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Then repeat...mac 'n cheese, meat sauce and top it with cheese. Pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes to melt the cheese.

It's basically spaghetti made with mac 'n cheese. Super easy and your kids will eat it. All 3 of mine at two helpings.

It's not something you'd serve when company comes over, definitely not an adult dish, but it's kid friendly and most nights that's what its all about at my house. I've discovered that if I can incorporate mac 'n cheese into dinner that the kids think it's okay. I'm crazy and creative like that.

Good luck to ya!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Yep, I'm pretty positive my kids would like this. Thanks for sharing. =)