Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday

"GET IN MY BELLY!"
Today is Fat Tuesday--actually everyday is Fat Tuesday at our house--because Baby Lam is fat (ok, let's call her plump, she's a girl after all and no girl likes to be called 'fat' no matter what age she is).  Until Baby Lam isn't in the 95% in weight for an 18 month old, I think it's safe to say we've got the Fat Tuesday title wrapped up.  (We went to the pediatrician yesterday for our 18 month check up--that's how I know she's in the 95th percentile).

So...from our home to yours....enjoy Fat Tuesday--indulge...eat your sweets, drink your coffee, inhale your Girl Scout cookies---enjoy whatever vice it is that you are planning on giving up for Lent.  I have to confess that I haven't decided what I'm giving up yet.  I've narrowed it down to these:

1.  Sprite--did this one last year and it was tough, but I did it--probably should come up with something different.
2.  Girl Scout cookies--hmmmm, that would be REALLY hard, which I think is the purpose of giving something up.  I mean, God gave up His son for us, surely I could pass on Thin Mints for 40 days.  We'll see...it's an option.
3.  Starbucks--WHAT?!?!?!  Are you kidding me?????  Who typed that?
4.  Working out--I'm not talking about giving it up, I'm talking about doing it.  That might be a good Lenten promise to keep.  And trust me, I need to do this (or I'll give 'Fat' Tuesday a new meaning).

I'll let you know what I come up with...I've only got a few hours to come up with something.  What should I do?  Let me know even if you comment after Fat Tuesday (which you will because I'm posting this so late.

From our home to yours...Happy Fat Tuesday.

No comments: