Thursday, May 20, 2010

A New Direction

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've decided that I'm not going to quit blogging. I've decided that today is not the day I'm going to jump up onto my Golden Soapbox and start preaching about how toxic the blog world has gotten with everyone and their perfect lives and stories filled with half truths. No, today is not that day. That day is coming. Just not today.

What I have decided is that for awhile I'm going to focus my blog on something else I enjoy...fashion. Hopefully I'll be able to help someone out there look fabu for a big event or just while staying at home. I will do some posts for MEN, too. So, dudes, stay with me...

Today won't be a long post on denim or accessories or swimsuits (Lord, help us with that one). Today is about finding your individuality. It's that easy. Find something that works for you, find your style, make it YOU. We'll expand on this later. But today I want to show you an example of some celebs who did not, and now look at them...all bunched up, looking like a flock of peacocks.
You know these gals all have stylists and we all know that standing to the side with your hand on your hip is a slimming pose for a photo (if you didn't know that, let that be lesson #1, standing to the side with your hand on your hip is slimming), but honestly, someone needs to break out of the mold and do something a little different. I do appreciate that Amanda Seyfried didn't do the hip thing...you go girl.

So, LESSON #1 be: Find what works for you and your body type and work with it. It doesn't matter what size you are...size 0 or size 20...you're beautiful and you've got the assets to make it work.

Be beautiful today, girls (and dudes),

Up next...the dreaded...swimsuit.

3 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I can tell you double dosed on your Wheaties this morning.

I've been planning to increase my veracity on my blog to where I could tell half truths. I'm not quite there yet but I'm getting there.

I am going to have to try the hand on the hip thing. I doubt though that it is more slimming than a head and shoulder shot.

Are you going to explore how men should combine the various shades of beige in our wardrobes?

Dawn said...

LOL, Yogi!

I need help on what to wear to the opening night of Sex and the City 2!!!! The RHOK gals are going to the midnight showing. I know I must wear heels, but what else?! I have NO fashion sense!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I am so NOT into fashion but you have to do what works for you!

Yogi ... you are a mess!

And Dawn ... I wanna come play some day but NOT to Sex & the City, NOT at midnight, and DEFINITELY NOT in heels!

Sorry about that little blog-jack! :)