Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Old School

Lately my Katie (6 years old) has been coming home with or doing things that I thought were things of the past...like Hollie Hobby and playing 'London Bridge is Falling Down.' She and I recently finished reading Little House in the Big Woods (she'd read me a chapter, then I'd read her a chapter). What memories reading that brought back...can't wait to read the whole series with her. Here are a couple 'Old School' things she's done or brought home, remember these?

Clover rings-I didn't teach her how to do this, little girls just know how. Shoot, sometimes we'd make a whole crown out of them. Fun!

Dick & Jane books. This was way below her reading level, but I loved listening to her read it. And how awesome is it that the library still has these books! (This book even still had that library book smell I remember from childhood).
What are some things your kiddos do that remind you of your childhood?

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Love the ring! What great memories! Jackie loves London Bridges and I love seeing her engaged in a book that my mom read to me as a kiddo. Grover's, "The Monster at the End of this Book" is one of those.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Well, let me see. SuperPizzaBoy doesn't have a baseball, football, nor basketball nor does he want any of that stuff.
He doesn't like to hike or fish.
He reads!
Does that count?

Dawn said...

Isn't it amazing the things that just continue to stay over the years?

Courtney says some of those little jump rope rhymes that I said when I was in elementary school.

I laugh because she is always in shock when she finds out that I knew it already.