Saturday, July 17, 2010

SOS

I need your HELP!!

Take a look at the screenshot I took below.

I've been getting A LOT of these type of comments lately. All in some type of Asian character--sorry I'm not fluent in Asian writing. They sometimes have a name in it like the one above, but not all of them.

Anyway...I want this to STOP!!! Does anyone out there have any ideas on how to keep this from happening. I'm not going to change my blog so that my 'Comments' have to be approved by me. I want an open forum here and frankly, I don't have time (or desire) to be approving comments. There's a whole host of reasons why I won't go down the approving comments street. But that's not what this is about.

I want to know how to get rid of these. They are obviously blog spammers. I find it odd that they've found me since I don't have any ads (Google or otherwise) since they are often a gateway for spammers.

Bottom line...help me! I'm just looking for suggestions on where to begin. Because if it doesn't stop fairly soon, I'm going to shut this ol blog down and quit blogging. That's how serious I am about this.

Thanks, readers!!

3 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Think about this,

Did you ever get spam like this when George W. was President?

Pretty obvious if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

I feel for you, I do. I even tried to find the answer but what in the world? I don't think there's a cure. You have word verification and aside from moderation, this appears to be the only thing to help. I'm sorry you have to deal with this nuisance.

Unknown said...

delete them now...they can have the possibility of getting your blog blocked...I speak from experience