Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ear Plugs, Diaper Pillows and The Bird

This past weekend WM and I decided to pack up the kids and head north to my tiny hometown in the southern part of Kansas. It had been awhile since we'd been home and WM was itchin' to get out and go hunting on the prairie and all the Little Lams were well, so we decided to make a go of it.

We had a great time! With the exception of losing Sally for 3 hours, it was a wonderful weekend. The Little Lams played with their cousins, I got to hold and cuddle my baby nephew. Patrick got to drive a tractor and Katie got to play dress up with my sister and my old prom/8th grade graduation/bridesmaids dresses. And Baby Lam just ran around the house giggling. It was so nice and relaxing and you just can't beat your mom's homecooking (I hope someday my kids will feel the same way).

Here's Katie in my 8th grade graduation dress...it's so 1984.So on Sunday when we'd had all the fun we could stand and our tummy's were full, we hopped back in the car for our 3 1/2 hour drive home.

The drive was actually uneventful thanks to our new DVD player. However, Patrick got a little bored and restless and had to get creative to entertain himself...

"Mommy! I can't hear anything!! Mommy....MOMMY!"Me: "Patrick!! What's in your ear????"

"Ha, I'm just joking. I can hear you."That would be his gummy lifesaver stuck in his ear.

Here's Baby Lam who decided to use her diapers as a pillow and blanket. Nice mess...thanks baby girl.Then there was this...

Katie: "Mommy, something is really hurting my finger"
Me (not turning around): "What is it?"
Katie: "I don't know but it really hurts."
Me (still not turning around): "Blow on it, that'll make it feel better."
Katie: "It's not helping, I need to you look at it"Nice. Fortunately she had no idea what she was doing. Oh...and it was a hang nail.

Life is like a box of chocolates when traveling with the Three Little Lams...you never know what you're going to get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing. You had me at the lifesaver but good grief I scrolled down and almost wet myself! Your Lams have such wonderful little personalities!

ThatsBaloney said...

Save that last pic for the wedding slideshow!