Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sittin' 'n Rockin' 'n Coughin' 'n Prayin'

WM was giving me a hard time because I haven't posted anything new lately.  He said "I don't read blogs, only yours and you haven't put anything new on in a long time."  So I figured I'd better keep up with my wifely duties and post something for him to read.

But then I thought, "hey, does he not remember what I've been dealing with all week?"  If you haven't been following me on Facebook, it went a little something like this.

Last weekend:  Josie develops a cough and runny nose.  Nothing to get excited about, Patrick had had the same thing and he is fine.

Tuesday:  Josie's teacher calls to tell me she has a 103 temp.

Wednesday:  Still running a high temp, we go the peds office.  X-rays, blood work, etc., etc.  Diagnosis:  double ear infection and pneumonia.  Get meds.  She cries most of the day and wants me to hold her all the time.
Here's the little sickie playing at the pediatrician's office.  She looks a lot better than she was feeling.  The photo is a little misleading.

Thursday:  Josie will not let me put her down.  She cries all day and is super clingy.  Thursday afternoon she starts throwing up.

Friday:  Back to the peds office.  Ears and pneumonia are worse.  Two antibiotics shots.  New oral antibiotics (old one is thought to be causing the vomiting).  Get home and she continues to cry most of the day and only wants me to hold her while sitting in the rocking chair.  So there we sit...and sit...and sit.

I think we're on the mend, though.  She took a 3 1/2 hour nap today and is acting a little perkier this evening.

So that's why I haven't posted in nearly 5 days.  Because I've been sitting in a chair with a very sick baby.  But I promise, that starting tomorrow I'll be more timely.

I promise.

Unless one of the other Little Lams gets sick.

No comments: