Monday, May 4, 2009

WM's Got a New Caddy

If you've been reading my blog for long, you'll know that during the summer months I'm somewhat of a 'golf widow.'  WM is addicted to golf.  Really, it's not just a summer thing, he goes golfing pretty much year around.  If it's over 40 degrees he says it's nice enough to golf.  As much as I've hated all this rainy and chilly weather we've been getting the past few weeks, I have to admit that I'm enjoying the weekends I'm getting with WM.  Those weekends are numbered.  And I will give him some credit--he tries to get out to the club early so he can tee off and be back before noon.  But sometimes that doesn't work.  And the kiddos get up early anyway, so it's not like we're sleeping through his golf game.  But I do appreciate the thoughtfulness of his efforts.

Recently, my little man has been joining his daddy in his rounds of golf.  Originally I thought WM was teaching Patrick to golf--which I think he is, to an extent--but when these recent photos surfaced, I think WM is using him as his caddy.

"What club would you like, sir?"

Here's Patrick raking the bunker for his dad.

"That wasn't a very good shot, let's try the 3 wood this time."
It should be interesting to see what this summer brings.  Have you ever seen those early videos of Tiger Woods when he was 3-years-old whapping the heck out the golf ball?  Yeah, well, I don't think that's the direction we're headed, I'm just glad that Patrick and his daddy have something they can enjoy together.

Now, if WM and I could just find some time where we could go golfing together.  Once upon a time, I used to be pretty good.  Then I had kids.

Well, it's raining again...so I don't think anyone is going to be golfing anytime soon.

Happy soggy day!

4 comments:

Nicole Nascenzi said...

That is pretty cute...

Anonymous said...

How handsome that caddy is! If you send him up here for a week this summer he could broaden his resume with his KC golfers.

He doesn't dust, does he?

ThatsBaloney said...

Golf. UGH.
I wish the doc would take our boys when he golfs!

Funky Food Trisha said...

tTownmoms.com and I are excited about Thursday and getting to hang out with you and so many other wonderful women at the Mom's Night Out!