Monday, September 20, 2010

McLinky Monday--What do you do?

As I sit here watching the season premier of Dancing with the Stars (YAHOOEEEEE!!!), I was trying to think what in the world to post about--big time writer's block. So I hopped on over the the RHOK to see what the McLinky was about. It looked pretty easy, so today, I'm McLinkin' it up. Check out the RHOK to see others.

The RHOK

The question is "if you asked your child what your job is, what would they say?"

So I just asked my 5 year old and 7 year old and both of them said, "you don't have a job, you just hang out at home." (I'm a stay-at-home mom, though 'stay-at-home' isn't quite the right term). Yeah, thanks. So I tried again..."when mommy worked at St. John what did I do." My 5 year old said, "I don't know, maybe rode on the elevator and looked at your computer." Well, it's been over a year since I quit my job so to a 3/4 year old, that's about right.

Katie, on the other hand said, "I know! You worked on your computer and you put those commercials on TV and sometimes in magazines." Right on, smart girl. "OH! And you did great, big parties with Jupiter jumps and pizza." Yes, she's right. But to interpret what she's saying, let me tell you what my job was. I did marketing/PR/advertising for nearly 10 years for St. John. I did an array things during my tenure there (which I loved my job, by the way, but I wanted to stay home...it's a long story what finally got me to the point of finally quitting). Anyway...it was a great job where I was out in the community, knew 'people' in the community, rubbed elbows and became friends with folks in the media, etc., etc.

Oh, and I planned some great parties for 25 people and 10,000 people (yes, THAT many people--crazy, I know). Don't let the secret get out that I'm a former event planner, there are several organizations and my kiddos school that might take advantage of my inability to say no.

There you go...a very disorganized and botched post (sorry, my mind wasn't totally here, like I said, DWTS...I'm a little distracted).

Gotta go.

4 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Well, I bet you were good at what you did.

Real Housewives of Oklahoma said...

You KNOW you were the BEST at what you did!! It was hard leaving a career like that. I know, I did it also, and when the time comes, it will be even harder to leave and go back to what we have been trained for. I think it is important for our children to know that we did have a "career" before them though! Thanks for joining in today! Mrs. Hart

Kathleen said...

This makes me miss you, girl. BTW - I freakin loved the card. It was the sweetest and came at a really good time. You have no idea!! Well, actually, you do. :-) Thank you for being such a thoughtful friend.

Dawn said...

ROFL!! You rode the elevator!!

Love it.

Thanks for playing along. It's so funny to hear what our kids think we do!