Monday, July 27, 2009

Lessons Learned

Whew--what a weekend.  Apart from giving all the details...which I'm not going to do...there are a few things I learned this weekend.  Or at least God put me in some situations where I was reminded to put things into perspective.

This weekend I learned:

A girl will always need her mom.
My mom will come when I call--no matter when/what.
Never send a loved one away without saying "I love you."
"Thank You" goes a long way.
Talking to a nurse at 4:00 a.m. is NOT reassuring.
It is possible to stay up for 39 1/2 hours--straight.
St. John has the BEST nurses EVER.
A mother/wife will always wish they could take the pain in place of their loved one.
A mother can function as if nothing is wrong even when riddled with worry.
No matter how much you brush your child's teeth, they will still get cavities.
A 2 year old cutting molars can be grumpier than a bear waking from hibernation.
Children will always be on their worst behavior when mommy is the most tired.
I love my husband very much and don't tell him enough.
Sometimes God gives us a little shake up just to remind us what's important.

So....
What lessons did you learn this weekend/today?

4 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Those were great lessons. I just hope that the tuition was not too high.
Yes, Saint Johns does have great nurses.

ThatsBaloney said...

You're gonna have to fill me in. Yes, life jolts us sometimes and our priorities really line up, don't they?

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of learning for one weekend! I hope everything turns out okay. You are one strong momma!

Kathleen said...

I think you are shaping up to be one of those very wise Grandmothers down the road.