Monday, February 8, 2010

The Law


If you follow me on Twitter or are my "friend" on Facebook, you probably know that I am my daughter's Daisy Girl Scout leader. It was something I wanted to do but was a little hesitant at first. But now as we are well into our first year of scouting and I'm more comfortable with being a leader--I love it! I have the most precious group of little Kindergarteners and I can't wait to see them grow into courageous, caring, self-confident leaders. These girls will do great things in their lives. Watch out world!

Each month as a prepare for our monthly meeting, I always review The Girl Scout Promise and Girl Scout Law that our troop is working on. And each time I read the Girl Scout Law, I'm proud to think that these 10 girls want to live by this law (and they will, I just know it--as I said, I have a GREAT group of girls). What I wish is that every person would live by the Girl Scout Law.

I assume that probably 95% of you reading this probably don't know the Girl Scout Law. That's okay...I was a Girl Scout when I was little and I didn't remember it. So here it is. Read it, think about it, try to live by it. I think if everyone did that our world would be a better place. So just for a moment, or more, be a Girl Scout.

The Girl Scout Law
I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do.
and to
respect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.

No comments: