Monday, February 1, 2010

Monthly Check-In #1

I decided to keep myself accountable and on track with my New Year's Resolutions, that I should post how I'm doing at the beginning of each month. That way when June/July rolls around I won't feel so guilty about saying "I've failed." At least you'll see it comin'.

So here's how we're doing:

Resolution #1--Work out 5 days a week.
How I'm doing: This one is going to be tricky...especially if it continues to snow 9735" every month...that really hinders my outdoor walks/runs. BUT, we did join the Y and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Y that I go to (South Neighborhood). So really there's no excuse other than I overcommit myself in other areas of my life and can't make it to the Y. But I would say that I'm not a failure on this one...in the past month I would say that I've worked out at least 4 days a week. I think that's a good start.

Resolution #2--Recycle more of our household items.
How I'm doing: Considering that we used to recycle ZERO of our household items (please, I know that's terrible and I always felt guilty about it), we are making huge strides in this area. We get the newspaper daily, and each day it goes in the recycler. During our 3 day stint without water due to the water main break on our street, we drank A LOT of bottled water. And every single one of those bottles is in the recycling container. Along with a few laundry detergent containers. I know this doesn't seem like much, but considering where we've come from, I would say that we are succeeding on this one.

Resolution #3--Only 1 Starbucks a day.
How I'm doing: Um....well, ahem. Next question, please. Ha! Fooled ya! This one has been super tough but I've been 100% successful! As a matter of fact, there have been several days where I didn't even go to Starbucks. So yes, this one, as difficult as I thought it would be has turned out to be nothing more than a little willpower. Well, make that a lot of willpower.

Resolution #4--Do 20 posts or more on the blog.
How I'm doing: This one is right over there on the right hand side. See it...18 posts in January. Failure. I failed. But I'll do better. I promise.

Resolution #5--Read 1 book per month.
How I'm doing: Again...failure. I'm reading a good book. Maybe I'll finish it soon. Maybe not. I just don't have a lot of time to read. If I have time to be sitting still reading, I have time to be folding laundry, cleaning the house, checking homework, planning a girl scout meeting, baking treats for the Kindergartners (working out, blogging, recycling). But I am going to trrrryyyy to make more of an effort to find "me" time to sit and read.

So there you have it. I'd say I'm not doing great, but I'm not doing horrible either. Pretty middle of the road. Hopefully on my next monthly check in, everything will be SUCCESS!

3 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

I think you are doing really good!
I'm still in shock that you've been visiting Starbucks more than once daily. CHA-CHING.

Weather Man said...

Thank you Baloney!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, 1 starbucks a day, some missed days and 18 blogs is totally worth celebrating! I hope you accomplish all you want but know that you are fantastic!