Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I can see clearly now

My eyes still feel a little gritty--you know--that sandpaper feeling you get in your eyes when you're sleep deprived? But I'm coming around and I think I can see that life is returning to normal. What's going on, you say? I had a heck of a weekend. On Saturday I worked 17 hours because our big fund raiser at work was that evening. What a great party and great success, but it wore me out. I worked from 7:30 a.m. Saturday to 1:00 a.m. Sunday. And of course Friday night, Baby Lam decided that she was going to pull one of her all nighters, so I didn't really get to start my marathon day feeling very rested. But oh well, it's for a good cause, right? It's sad that I'm just now getting around to doing a week in review, but, remember the whole laptop issue I was having last week? Still an issue, so not much blogging going on until now. Other highlights of last week were...

1. Weather Man fixed the dryer! Yay--now I get to do TWO weeks worth of laundry! I'm super excited! (Actually I have this weird obsession with laundry, I'll blog on that later).

2. I worked.

3. Gas went up again--I think I'm up to $120 to fill my big ol 'mama car' up.

4. I worked.

5. Patrick declared that he was "just going to wear Pull Ups instead of going potty. Don't ask me again, mommy". I think it's a real possibility that he may be wearing Pull Ups on his wedding day.

6. I worked.

7. My dear friend, Kathleen, had her precious baby girl. LOVE her...she's so cute and I want to run over to their house right now and love on her. But if you ask me if it makes me want to have another one, I'll give you a big, fat NO!

8. Oh, yeah did I mention that I worked! (Since when is working part time putting in 50+ hours in a week)?

I wish I had a fabulous photo to share from this week, but I don't...except this one. I don't even know what to say or how to explain it. I'm at a loss for words over what's going on here. I love my high spirited, creative, talented, artistic daughter...


No comments: