Thursday, June 4, 2009

Feel the Burn

One of the curses of having pasty white (Irish) skin is that you can't be out in the sun for more than about .37 seconds or you'll get a nice little sunburn.  Being that I've dealt with the "Irish skin curse" for nearly 40 years (NO, I'm not 40--but I'm closer to 40 than I am to 30) you'd think I'd be smart enough to not go out in the sun without a good slathering of sunscreen.  I'm telling ya, I've had some of the world's worst sunburns--I've seen my skin do things that just don't seem natural.  My sweet WM has that great skin that tans easily, but unfortunately for my kiddos, they've inherited the Irish skin gene. It's a strong gene, that Irish gene...don't mess with it.

So last weekend we made our Summer of '09 debut at the pool.  We got there, I whipped out the sunscreen, got everyone covered and in to the pool we went for a couple of hours of fun in the sun.

I apparently forgot the back of Baby Lam...
Poor baby...but she didn't and hasn't fussed about it a bit (that photo was taken 4 days after the initial outing, so there's some fading going on).

Again, I'm sure that I'm a shoo-in for the World's Worst Mom Award.  Seriously, what is wrong with me?

And my answer for yesterday's What Would You Rather Do? Wednesday? is...(drum roll, please)...
Gosh, I really don't know.  But I think I have to go with Los Angeles even though I pretty much like everything about NYC better (fashion, shopping, architecture, spirit), I'm not sure I could handle the weather.  That's just how bad my dislike of cold weather is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet curly hair and criss cross swimsuits. Ho hum, to have a girl...

Our first outing, I forgot to put the sunscreen on B's face! Got his neck, top of the head and ears but somehow forgot the face. Luckily he tans. Very unlike me. But his tan looks like dirt.

ThatsBaloney said...

Michael has a bit o' the irish look about him. We all wear 70spf. Even Jacob who gets dark (through the sunscreen).

I see you went with my L.A. reasoning. :)