Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tag--You're It!

I was tagged by my friend Baloney to do this so you all can get to know me better. She said the rules are that you can change any question that you don't like and replace it with your own and that you have to tag 8 people. If you don't want to get to know me, or already know me as well as you would like to know me then click the "x" and I'll see ya tomorrow (I hope--I hope to be able to blog tomorrow). If you're tagged (at the bottom of the blog) then put the link to your blog in the comments section so I can read about you...or if you don't have a blog, either 1). email me your "get to know you" or 2). Get a blog!--Come on just do it! :)

1.How many songs are on your iPod? Hmmmm, I don't know exactly but I would guess somewhere around 75. I really, really need to take some off and add some new ones on, but I haven't had time to do it. I will also admit that I have about 10 "kid" songs such as "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid. I know my iPod should be just for me and be kid-free, but we listen to it in the car, so....

2. What music would you want played at your funeral? I haven't put much thought into that, but one song that I love is "Time to Say Goodbye" sung by Sarah Brightman. I'm leaving my funeral upto my family, so whatever they want is good with me.

3.What magazines do you have subscriptions to? Parenting (imagine that) and Better Homes and Gardens. And even though they aren't for me, the subscription is in my name for Golf, Golf Digest and Golf World.

4. What is your favorite scent? Probably because it is consuming my life right now, I love the smell of a freshly bathed baby who has been slathered with Baby Magic (baby fresh scent) lotion.
No Johnson & Johnson has to be Baby Magic.

5. If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it? Ok, this is going to sound uber-selfish, but that question itself is uber-selfish, so...since I basically have either been pregnant or post-baby for 5 years I would do a MAJOR overhaul of my wardrobe. Nothing fits right anymore (all you ladies out there who have had babies know what I'm talking about, you wear the same size but it doesn't fit the same). But even with that wouldn't spend the whole million, so I'd take my kiddos and WM on an awesome vacation.

6. What hobby do you have that you don't have time to do? Read. I LOVE to read, but I just don't get to sit down and do it like I'd like to. Usually if I have a little free time that would normally be reading time, I'm busy catching up on something. I will admit that lately I've been committed to finding time to read more.

7. Do you trust easily? It depends--but generally, yes. Probably because I'm pretty particular about who I choose as friends. So if I consider you a friend, you've probably proven yourself trustworthy, therefore, I'll trust you. Does that make sense?

8. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think? I used to be a total "fly by the seat of your pants" type of gal. But since I've gotten married and had children, that's pretty much stopped. I think things through so I can make the best decision for my little ones or WM. But my "fly by the seat of your pants" days sometimes resurface during benign activities--like when I'm shopping.

9.Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days? I am frustrated when Katie cries when I take her to school when I know that she's loving Kindergarten (have I ever mentioned that she's a TOTAL drama queen)???? Oh, yeah, this rain has made me unhappy and lately my job has been frustrating me.

10. Do you have a good body-image? Um, no. Did you read #5? I've either been pregnant or post-baby (1 year after the birth of a child) for 5 years. So my body image is a little off kilter right now. I wouldn't say it's bad, I'm just trying to adapt to my new body.

11. Is being tagged fun? Sure!! Someone actually thought of me--if only for the .5 seconds that it took to type my name!

12. How do you spend your social networking (Facebook, etc.) time? I read blogs and email mostly. Even though it's probably not considered "social" time, many of my good friends are my co-workers, so my job is very social for me. Also, even though it's a new "social" time for me, pick up time at Katie's school is becoming quite social.

13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately? Well, definitely blogging. :) And playing the trivia quiz (thanks Baloney)! And lately I've kind of gotten into photography...I'm not good, but I love my camera!

14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is? Baloney--I've just recently gotten to know Baloney and it's mostly through blogging/email/mutual friend. But read her blog and you'll realize what an amazing mother/woman she is. She should be an inspiration to every mother (and person) out there to never give up, trust your instincts, fight tirelessly for your loved ones, live a Christian life while keeping a great attitude and peaceful spirit. I can't wait to get to know her even better.

15. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head? Celebrate by KC and the Sunshine Band or is it Kool and the Gang? I'm drawing a blank on that. But my girls and I went to Light the Night tonight and that's the song they ended the night with. So that's what's in my brain! Agh--get out!!

16.What’s your favorite item of clothing? I love my yoga pants and a soft t-shirt, but I also have this one--ONE--pair of jeans that I have perfectly broken in.

17. What is the perfect birthday cake? Chocolate sheet cake. I LOVE it and it's what I always requested as a child when my mom asked what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday. It would still be my first choice. But I also do love that strawberry/whipped cream cake that Queenies makes.

18. What is your signature color? Pink, pink and pink. I LOVE pink. I wear pink a lot and I love pink flowers, pink paper, pink sheets, etc. Is there any home decor items in my house that are pink? Nope, there are not. I have no pink comforters, sheets, curtains or any such thing in my home. But someday when we get a bigger house, you better believe there will be some pink involved.

19. What items could you not go without during the day? My kiddos and WM.

20. What should you be doing right now? I probably should be in bed sleeping since that's what everyone else is doing...and since Baby Lam will be waking up at some point in the night. But I haven't been online in practically 4 days, so I got a lot of catching up to do. Plus WM and Patrick aren't back from their little "boys" outing and it's getting late--so the worry monster in me is starting to rear it's ugly head and I can't go to bed until all my loved ones are home safe with me.

Ok--so who am I tagging? Which 8 people? Here they are: Kathleen, Susie, Korinne, Joy, Sarah, Karen, Nick and Jenny.

1 comment:

ThatsBaloney said...

Awww... that was sweet! I'm bummed we won't be in dog training together. We could have really caused havoc!