Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What a Week!

Yikes! It's been a week since I blogged! I think that's a record for me. When I started this whole blog thing I promised myself and my 3 blog readers that I would keep and updated and timely blog. Sorry I failed you all this week. But things have been crazy! Here's a brief recap:

Last Friday Katie didn't have school because of Parent/Teacher conferences. Our time was scheduled for 8:00 a.m. When I first saw our time I thought "that's great, get it done in the morning and we'll have the whole day...works for me!" Well, not so much. Logistically 8:00 a.m. doesn't work so well for anything when you have 3 children. Let's just say that we were at Katie's school at 8:00 a.m. but in order for that to happen we had to be out the door at 7:00 a.m. (and Katie's school is literally 1 minute from our house--I'm not kidding--1 minute. Yet it took us an hour to get there). The conference was fine. Like I've said, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her teacher!!!! She is truly a gift from God and has found her calling. She didn't really tell us much we didn't know. Katie's right on track. I have to admit that at the end of the conference I secretly wanted to say "but she's the smartest, huh?" But I didn't. I don't want to turn into one of THOSE parents. :) Later that day I took all three kids to the park to play and they were being so good we stayed for almost 3 hours!

Saturday was a hectic, hectic day. I'll just do the time table for you:
6:30 - 10:30 a.m. - Worked at Race for the Cure
11:00-WM had a tee time--I had to include this so you could see that the remainder of my day was me and ALL three Little Lams.
12:30 p.m.--Birthday party #1 that Katie was invited to.
2:30 p.m. -- Target run to get b-day presents for upcoming parties
4:00 p.m. -- Birthday party #2
4:30 p.m. -- Birthday party #3 (and I have to admit this was the best kid b-day party I've ever been to--I'll blog on it later).

Sunday was church and following church was our church carnival/festival that we spent the majority of the afternoon at. It was fun, but a little hot. Baby Lam got a little sunburn on her cheeks.

Monday--tackle the growing mountains of laundry. I'm afraid that there might have actually been little goblins living under those piles!

Yesterday--oh, the day of all days. WM and I spent the entire afternoon at the Urgent Care clinic because he has a kidney stone and was in great pain. I really had to restrain myself from taking photos of everything that went on--it was so blog-worthy. I even told WM that at one point and he glared at me and told me to quit talking about it. This was before he got his pain mediciation. I think if I had approached the subject 3 hours and 3 IV bags and 1 shot in the butt later he might have agreed. Maybe not. He's doing okay now and is relatively pain-free. Pretty looped up on some big time narcotic pain meds, but he's okay, just waiting for the stone to pass. I really did feel bad for him, but once we found out what it was and it wasn't life threatening, my sympathy waned a little bit. I mean, come on, I've given birth 3 times in the last 5 years to BIG babies. Let's talk about how many times I've been poked and prodded and how many large things I've "passed" through my "parts." Kind of puts it into perspective, now, doesn't it?!?! I love WM, I don't want him hurting, but he's going to be fine.

So that's been my week. Oh and did I mention that Baby Lam still isn't walking and still wakes up several times a night! AGH!!!! So that's why it's taken me so long to post something new. I'm so sorry.

Please forgive me.

Please continue to read my blog.

Please like me.

Please go get me some lunch.


Fun at the Park...

Katie at the bike parade (birthday party #3 on Saturday)

Face painting at the church carnival (that's her "6th grade buddy" painting her face. Katie adores her--and her little sister is Katie's best friend at school).

Word of the Day:

primogeniture: pry-moh-JEN-ih-choor

noun: 1. The state of being the firstborn of the same parents; seniority by birth among children of the same family. 2. (Law) An exclusive right of inheritance that belongs to the eldest son.

3 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

I love your sympathy. It ranks up there with mine (Doc hates that).
Hope he passes that stone quickly.
I wondered where you've been!

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo tired! And all I did was READ about your weekend! Hope wm feels better soon. Congrats on the smartest kindergartner (I'm sure her teacher said it non-verbally!)

Joy said...

Have no fear with your sweet baby's slow desire to walk. I didn't start until I was 13 months old. And I am guessing that's when the full-on-shoe-shopping began for me.

So... just consider it as Josie's way of saving you money for now.
:-)