Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Starbucks v. Baby

I can't believe I'm really going to confess to what happened to my precious Baby Lam the other day. Disclaimer: no one was hurt and no tears were shed.

Do you remember the whole story about Starbucks v. Laptop? Well, this was Starbucks v. Baby Lam. As the case most days, Saturday I was sitting in our recliner enjoying my Starbucks coffee when I had to get up to go in the kitchen to get something. Oh yeah, I remember what it was, Baby Lam was thirsty so I went to go get her drink. Well, when I came back, I noticed that my Starbuck's cup was tipped over and quickly filling up the window sill. "AGH!!!" I thought. For two reasons...1). There goes my drink and 2). If Weather Man sees this he'll NEVER buy me a new laptop--he'll say I haven't learned my lesson. MR. WEATHER MAN--I HAVE LEARNED MY LESSON--I wouldn't have left it there if there would've been a laptop near by. But anyway, I ran back to the kitchen and got some towels to clean up the mess before Weather Man came back in and saw what had happened. Good thing the coffee was a good 30 minutes old--it wasn't hot or anything so it made the clean up much easier.
And because I looked down on the floor and this is what I saw...
Baby Lam covered in coffee. Apparently she was REALLY thirsty and tried to get the cup of coffee down herself and instead poured it all over her head/shoulders/back/chest/arms. But as you can see by the photo she thought it was pretty funny.

Here's an up close of her coffee soaked little head...

She smelled really good (that is if you like the smell of coffee--which I do).

But I had to QUICKLY give her a bath to hide the evidence of the coffee mishap. Of course WM wasn't fooled. Why would Baby Lam have wet hair and smell like a freshly bathed baby at 3:00 in the afternoon.

I was SO busted. As if the evidence were not enough, Katie blabbed to daddy about what had happened. Darn her--I've got to work on that skill of "there's some things we don't tell daddy, like shopping, eating Sonic everyday for lunch and spilling coffee on your baby sister's head."

I'm guessing that I won't be getting a laptop soon.

Word of the Day:

antediluvian: /an-tih-duh-LOO-vee-uhn/

adjective: 1. Of or relating to the period before the Biblical flood.2. Antiquated; from or belonging to a much earlier time. noun: 1. One who lived before the Biblical flood.2. A very old (or old-fashioned) person.

That's a fun one to use in a sentence as long as my name is not used in that same sentence! :)

1 comment:

ThatsBaloney said...

Just go buy that laptop already!