Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh What a Year Can Do

Nothing really too terribly exciting has happened in our lives over the past year.  Last summer we got a new dog, but that's probably about the highlight.  Years come and go...New Years, Easter, summer, birthdays, Halloween, Christmas, etc., etc., and sometimes I don't think we take the time to stop and look at what's going on around us.

Of course I look at my children and think "my gosh, they really are growing."  But yesterday I kind of had an eye opening experience about how fast time is flying.  I was downloading photos of the kiddos in their green St. Patrick's shirts and came across last year's photos.

St. Patrick's Day 2008


St. Patrick's Day 2009
I literally stopped in my virtual tracks and stared at that photo for 5 minutes.  How is that possible?  How in ONE year could they grow up THAT much???  At first I thought, "oh, that's from 2 years ago."  But then I did the math and remembered that Josie wasn't born two years ago.  Sometimes that happens when your kids are so close in age.  Sometimes...not all the time. (More times than I'd like to mention, though).

If nothing else, it was that little reminder, or as I like to call them...God Whispers...to remember to keep things simple and slow and to not rush to have my kiddos grown up.  Time goes to quickly and soon they'll be grown and gone and I'll wish they were little again.  Shoot--even now I sometimes long for those days of holding them when they were tiny little squirts, rocking for hours at a time.

One more thing...

Tomorrow at 7:00 a.m. if you could just say a little prayer for little Josie, I'd appreciate it.  She's having ear surgery that is totally, totally minor and no big deal at all, but still...I'd like her to be covered in prayer when she's 'under.'  I know there are tons of babies and families out there that are very, very sick and/or hurting that need our prayers way more than Josie, but I'm preeeeeettttyyyyyy sure that God has enough room for one more little prayer.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

That is incredible!! Can't believe it, really...

Lot's of prayers for Josie already on their way. :-)