Friday, November 21, 2008

The Diary; Part 2

If you didn't get to read the first installment of The Diary, click here to get caught up and see what I'm talking about.

I thought I'd update everyone on Katie's diary. I still realize this is a total invasion of her privacy...but she's 5 years old and I'm her mom--I still get to say what's invasion of her privacy. And shoot, she invades MY privacy all the time. Between she and Patrick, I get all sorts of comments while I'm getting dressed and I don't know the last time I got to go to the bathroom alone. So I don't want anyone giving me any grief about her privacy.

She's been quite busy putting entries into her diary...

She's been working on her numbers...


And her letters...

She's even been working on writing her name in cursive. Notice she's changed her name to "Kate."

I'm rather fond of this pretty little butterfly that she drew.

But not near as fond as I am about this lovely drawing of a beautiful princess who has been named Aylssa. I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be me! :)

It's still very important to remember who is #1--God. Not sure why weird mutant gerbil is below the word God. Maybe she's wanting God to help poor Mutant Gerbil.

But then look at this beautiful kitty.

I think maybe Mutant Gerbil was actually a sweet, little kitty the whole time. It just took time to perfect it. Kind of like the story of The Ugly Duckling, but this could be titled, The Mutant Gerbil.

I think maybe I'll get a diary where I can put my random pictures, practice my writing skills, tell stories, express my daily concerns, etc., etc. Sounds just like what I need....to......start............

Oh.......maybe I already do.

2 comments:

Susie said...

I think "Kate" thinks God is a soft kitty :)

ThatsBaloney said...

That's funny. I've been tempted to share some of Michael's diary. The other night it was written in the midst of a rage!