Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What Will Today Bring?

I was going to do a "Monday Mumbling" yesterday, but in the midst of adjusting the little ones to the time change, it just got away from me. So what should we call our weekly update that is happening on a Tuesday? Tuesday Tattles? Ok...that'll do. Here goes...

Halloween--I'm coming down off my sugar high that I got from my kiddos treat bags. I'm a little sad the holiday is over, but part of me is ready to move on. All my fellow bloggers have been so good about posting pics of their little ones. I promise, I'm going to do that. Probably later this afternoon or this evening. So if you're in need of a little pick-me-up...stay tuned.

KU/K-State--this weekend was the annual KU/K-State football game. WM gets WAY more excited about this than I do. Fortunately for me, if you ask Katie if she like the Jayhawks or the Wildcats she will always answer...the Wildcats. I know that the value of an education that you receive at university cannot be measured by the outcome of 300 pounders tackling each other. I know that I got a better education at K-State than I ever could have at KU. Visit each colleges website and see who has more Rhodes, Marshall, Truman, Goldwater, and Udall scholars (actually K-State is 1st nationally amoung state universities). In life, what will get you further? A good education or a good football team? So I guess K-State really is the better school, huh?

Election Day--Hmmmm, I'm not going to say much about this because I think everyone knows my stance. I'm just not one to shout it from the roof top (or my front door, or my office door, or the bumper of my car--it's just not classy). I'm a stubborn person, I know who I'm voting for and no matter what you say it's not changing my mind. I did stand in line for 45 minutes this morning...with Patrick and Baby Lam...to vote. It was a challenge with a wiggly little 14 month old, but we got it done. And Patrick was SO good and such a good helper. But I have to admit, while I was standing there I was proud that we as Americans can go vote freely without worry of being shot or beaten. I was proud as a woman that I'm allowed to vote, unlike so many women before me.

Will I be proud this evening?

No, probably not. I will not be proud of the direction we will be headed. I will not be proud that riot police have been called into our major cities.

I know there will be lots of people celebrating, but let's talk in 4 years and see how you feel about your decision then.

But enough about that. There are things that are more powerful than whoever our President will be...God and prayer. And I think that if there were ever a time for both of those in life, right now is that time. I know I will spend more time talking to God, reading His Word and doing His Will than I will talking to our President, reading his agenda or doing his will. I know that God loves me and cares for me and WM and our children. I'm pretty sure that our new president won't give a hoot about me. So pray tonight to the One who really can make change happen...

Pray for our country.
Pray for peace.
Pray that people do the right thing.

And as always, pray for our children...just because you should.

But here's some great news...Katie's new fav movie...Grease! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that movie. Thank goodness she can't understand 95% of what they are talking/singing about. I do love to listen to her sing "Look at Me, I'm Sandra D."

2 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

Can't wait until she finds out what Greased Lightening is all about. :)
I've been thinking a lot about this election. The thing is that we truly have no control over the big things.
And as the world itself grows away from God (as the Bible tells us it will) it is our job to keep teaching our children His word and to follow His teachings. I do not envy the world that they will be living in. No matter who is in the White House, the world continues to move away from what really matters. It is already prophesied (sp?) to continue this way.
How's that for depressing?!
I know. These are my thoughts, though. I'm like Debbie Downer.

Anonymous said...

Two tots in line at the polls? You are super woman! I'm glad you have Katie on your side. The purple, the fact that a cat (be it ferocious) is the mascot, what's not to love?!?

PS, I've never seen Grease. I know, I know.