Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Big Girl!

Here's my birthday girl!
Today is Katie's 5th birthday. It's hard to believe, seems like she should be the baby. She's done a lot in the last 5 years...been born, been a baby, was super cute, got tubes in her ears, crawled, walked, talked, etc., etc. She got a little brother, then she got a little sister, remained super cute. I love each of my children equally and the same, but there's something about your first child and the day they were born, the day you were launched into parenthood, and how life has never been the same. I can't remember what my life was like before July 13, 2003. What did I do with my time? I don't remember, and quite honestly, it wasn't as important as what I'm doing with my time now.

But today is about my princess Katie. We played it low this year...no big "friend" party or anything. We just stayed home and let her call the shots. She even picked out what we had for every meal--she wanted fried chicken and green beans for dinner. Ha! If you've never met Katie you're in for a treat when you do. She is the girliest girl you'll ever meet. She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES princesses and truly thinks that when she grows up that she will be a princess. She twirls and swirls and dances her days away and usually has a song that she's singing going along with it. She will only wear skirts or dresses--I only bought her 2 pairs of shorts this summer. She's delightful, bright, unique, beautiful...the list goes on and on!

I love her so much--Happy Birthday to my Big Girl!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!


Here she is on her new bike--princess of course.(notice she's wearing one of two pairs of shorts she has, because I wouldn't let her ride her bike with a dress on. Also, I didn't allow her to ride barefoot either, I took the pic after we came home from our bike ride).

No comments: