Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Photography Tutorial

As a mother I try to capture my Little Lams on film (or digital photo card, I guess we should say) as often as possible. I want to capture these sweet moments when they are little so I can look back on them someday and remember how cute and tiny they were. When we had Katie, it was super easy and I got some great shots of her. Then Patrick came along and it was a little more challenging, but still we got a good one every now and then. But now...now that Baby Lam is here, trying to capture all three of them in a good photo is next to impossible. It's like a three ring circus--each Little Lam has his/her own ring and mommy is running around like a crazed monkey trying to take photo.

Here is what often happens when I'm trying to get a pic of the kids for Christmas cards, to send to grandma, for a daycare project...whatever the photo taking occasion is (perhaps to post on the Blog)...

As you know...I'm all about keepin' it real (so don't judge me as a mother because of the antics caught on camera). It goes a little something like this...

Sometimes to get this...

You gotta go through this...
When taking photos of children, expect a lot of this...
Or this...


Sometimes they hide just as you are getting ready to take the photo...so you gotta be QUICK!

(that's Patrick hiding under the pillows)

Prepare for a lot of "poses"...

(oh my!)

Sometimes you'll tick them off...


But Lawsy Mercy...I sure hope you never have something like this...

(Oh my goodness)

It's time to hire a professional!

No comments: